Awww!! the sweetness of Summer. How we all love to relax in the sun. Why not add some sweet smells to help relieve stress.
Try this summer potpourri recipe:
1. Six cups of mixed dried flowers you have dried
2. Enough mint, scented geranium, rose leaves, lemon verbena or lemon balm leaves to make 2 cups
3. Place 4 heaping tablespoons of chopped orris root or chopped calamus root in a large glass container.
4. Add 8 drops rose geranium oil, 8 drops bergamot oil, 5 drops honeysuckle oil. Stir, close top and let mellow for a week.
5. Add the other ingredients, stir to blend, close container and let simmer for 4-6 more weeks, stirring occasionally.
6. When you are done, place potpourri in cut cloth and tie with ribbon or lace. It can be placed in your drawer, under your pillow or in a bowl for display.
GREAT TIP: If you would like a sweeter fragrance use a few drops of jasmine, rose or ylang ylang oil. Too bland for your taste? Add some crushed cinnamon sticks, crushed allspice or cloves, patchouli leaves or lavender flowers. To simmer, use dried sweet woodruff, cut vanilla bean, crushed tonka bean or cut vanilla grass.
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what sweet smelling potpourri you came up with or post in comment section.